For the tartar
15 Ramati tomatoes
10 pine nuts, briefly roasted in a pan
For the tomato cream
400g tin peeled Pelati tomatoes
For the tomato water for tomato stock
Tomato flesh from the Ramati tomatoes
20 cherry tomatoes
For the tomato stock
25g Aceto Mazzetti
350ml tomato water
100ml white wine
25g Noilly Prat
30g cherry tomatoes
Pepper, bay leaf, mustard seeds, coriander, tarragon
1 garlic bulb
For the avocado cream
2 ripe avocados
2 tbsp sour cream
1/2 lime, juice only
- To make the tartar, score the Ramati tomatoes and blanch in salted water for 10 seconds, rinse in ice water and peel off the skin. Then season with salt, pepper, garlic and basil leaves.
- Dry in the oven at 80 degrees for 2 hours. Cut into small cubes and season with toasted pine nuts and balsamic vinegar, adding salt if necessary.
- To make the tomato cream, stew the Pelati tomatoes slowly in a saucepan until there is no more liquid. Then blend with a hand blender. Season with salt and olive oil.
- To make the tomato water, use the tomato pulp for the tomato water, add the cherry tomatoes, marinate with salt, Mazzetti vinegar, olive oil, a pinch of pepper, basil and half an onion and leave to marinate for 15 minutes. Blend with a hand blender and strain.
- For the avocado cream, mix all ingredients until creamy.
- To make the tomato stock, combine all stock ingredients in a pot and cook on the stove until it is reduced by half.
- Arrange the tomato tartar in a dish and decorate with the tomato cream, avocado cream, and fresh basil leaves to your liking.
- Pour the tomato stock in the bottom of the dish as a base.