Considered one of the most dramatically beautiful drives in the world, the eight-day road trip will take you from the Scottish capital of Edinburgh to the peaks of the Cairngorms, via Loch Lomond and The Trossachs
In partnership with: Untold Story
Luxury travel provider Untold Story specialises in 'experiential adventures', crafted by an expert team with more than 30 years' experience in the luxury travel and hospitality industry. "Wealthy couples and families are now looking for more than 10 days on a beach," comments Chris Brunning, managing director of Untold Story. "Whether you want to dive with whale sharks in the Indian Ocean, camp in a heated tent on a glacier under the Northern Lights in Iceland or hunt for truffles in Italy, each Untold Story travel experience is carefully created to provide a deeper connection with your destination."
For Spring 2021, Untold Story has planned a Highland adventure of epic proportions, which will take you from the Scottish capital of Edinburgh to the peaks of the Cairngorms, via Loch Lomond and The Trossachs. The thoughtfully plotted out itinerary pitstops at Scotland's most luxurious hotels, including Gleneagles Hotel & Golf Resort and the flamboyant Fife Arms, as well as whisky distilleries, castles and landmarks. While not behind the wheel, rest assured you will not go hungry: each day is bookended by lavish Scottish breakfasts, afternoon teas, hosted dinners and no doubt a 'wee dram' before bed.
Champagne and sumptuous interiors aside, the scenery is the true star of the show: spectacular, sparkling lakes, mountainous coastlines and rugged, teetering cliff edges, basking in northern light.
'A Highland Spring' itinerary includes:
The seven-night adventure begins in the Scottish capital of Edinburgh and an overnight stay at Fingal, a 237-foot ship-turned-floating hotel, moored in Leith. Enjoy dinner at The Kitchin, the acclaimed restaurant from Scottish chef, Tom Kitchin, as well as a Champagne afternoon tea and the chance to explore the historic capital at leisure.
The following day, an hour's drive takes you to the magnificent Gleneagles Hotel & Golf Resort, set in Perthshire’s rugged, undulating landscape. Here, you can pad about the award-winning spa, lower your handicap on the world-famous golf course or indulge in one of eight restaurants and bars, including the recently rennovated Strathearn.
Onwards to the Cairngorms, where you will bed down at the five-star Fonab Castle for two nights. From the castle, you can drive through the wilds of Glenshee - considered one of the most impressive stretches of driving road in the UK - and enjoy lunch at the Fife Arms, hung with more than 14,000 artworks.
You will then circumnavigate south to The Loch Lomond Lodge, perched on the banks of the world-famous lake. Enjoy a private Champagne cruise of the loch, a seaplane tour or an exhilarating off-road driving experience in a Land Rover.
Priced from £3,250 per person, based on two people sharing, which includes:
• Exclusive use of a Range Rover for the duration of the trip
• 2 nights in a Classic Cabin at Fingal Edinburgh
• 1 night at Gleneagles Hotel in a Country Room
• 2 nights at Fonab Castle in a Castle Room
• 2 nights in a Classic Room with loch view at The Lodge on Loch Lomond
• Daily breakfast
• The following experiences during the trip:
- Privately guided morning tour of Edinburgh
- Private tour of The Royal Yacht Britannia, including champagne after
noon tea on board Fingal
- Private guided visit of Royal Lochnagar Distillery
- Private champagne yacht charter on Loch Lomond
- Highland off-road Land Rover driving experience
- Celtic storyteller experience at Loch Lomond
• 24/7 support throughout the trip
• Tasting menu and wine pairing at The Kitchin by Tom Kitchin on day 1 or alternatively dinner with wine pairings at The Lighthouse on board Fingal
Discover the ultimate Scottish road trip with Untold Story: untoldstorytravel.com