20 savoiardi biscuits
3 large eggs
4tbsp caster sugar
500g mascarpone cream (around 2 tubs)
1/2tsp cinnamon powder
2 glasses of strong black coffee (cold)
1/2 zest of an orange
A few cooked chestnuts
2tsp caster sugar and 1tsp cinnamon powder (mixed together)
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Using a food mixer, whisk the egg yolks, caster sugar, ground cinnamon and orange zest until thick and fluffy, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Next, beat the mascarpone cream with a spatula and fold in the egg yolk mix.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mix until well incorporated.
- Now it’s time to start layering - use a ceramic dish around 29cm x 20cm x 4cm. The first layer should be the coffee-soaked savoiardi. To make, lightly soak the biscuits in the cold black coffee (be careful not to over-soak) and place them next to each other on the bottom of the dish.
- Next is the layer of cinnamon and orange mascarpone cream - spread half of the mascarpone cream evenly on top of the savoiardi biscuits.
- Repeat the above steps again - you should end up with two layers of savoiardi biscuits and two layers of mascarpone cream.
- Leave to set for at least two hours in the fridge.
- Before serving, dust with cocoa powder, and finish with grated cooked chestnuts, fresh orange zest and cinnamon sugar.
- If you want to give your tiramisu some festive magic, spray on golden cocoa butter and enjoy!