600g fresh squid
160g goats’ milk ricotta
4 boiled beetroot
Extra virgin olive oil
White wine vinegar
- Clean, wash and prepare the squid, cutting in half from the inside with a sharp knife.
- Blend half of the red beetroot in a blender and add the cream from the goats’ milk ricotta; season the ricotta with oil and salt.
- Slice the other half of the beetroot and season with white wine vinegar, oil and salt.
- Boil salted water, adding the bay leaves and rosemary. Immerse the squid in the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Season the squid with anchovy sauce, chopped fennel and oil.
- Place the ricotta on the base of the dish, adding the fish and beetroot on top. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.