2kg/4½lb leg of lamb, on the bone
1 small bunch of English lavender
5 sprigs of rosemary
2 cloves garlic
1 small jar of honey
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Remove the lavender buds from the stalks and add to the honey
- Pull the rosemary leaves from the stalks and place in a blender. Add the salt and blitz.
- Rub the lamb all over with the salt and place in a roasting tray.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and leave to roast for a further 40 minutes (for medium).
- Pour over the lavender and honey, return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the lamb and leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes, with some foil on top to keep it warm.
- Serve with the pan juices and spring vegetables.