For the topping
1 pot of Petrossian Pesto & Summer Truffle Sauce
200g Philadelphia-type cream cheese
Salt and pepper
For the shortbread
100g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 egg yolk
100g room-temperature unsalted butter
2 pinches of table salt
2g cracked black pepper
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the egg yolk.
- Work the dough until you can form it into a ball, then cover in clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In the meantime, take out the dough and roll it out onto a floured work surface or between two sheets of baking paper. It should end up about 5mm thick.
- Use a cookie-cutter to cut out shapes from the dough and put them on a sheet of greaseproof paper on top of a baking tray. Make sure you space them far enough apart, so they don’t fuse together as they’ll swell slightly during baking.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, then leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix the cheese with 1/3 of the Pesto & Summer Truffle Sauce. Adjust the amount of sauce to get the texture and taste you want. Put a spoonful of this pesto on each shortbread biscuit.
- Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and grinds of pepper. Decorate with edible flowers, such as borage.