Avocado, thinly sliced and seasoned with olive oil and salt
Wakame dry seaweed
Scottish salmon or firm tofu
For the Japanese dressing
- Prepare salmon, if using, by curing for 24 hours in a 50% salt to sugar rub with a citrus zest of lemon, lime and orange. If using tofu, season in cornflour and deep fry.
- Blanche noodles in boiling water for 1 minute and leave to rest in a Japanese nesting bowl.
- Blanche edamame for 30 seconds.
- Roast sesame seeds briefly in a hot oven.
- Mix all ingredients for the Japanese dressing together in a bowl.
- Artfully place all ingredients into individual bowls.
- Serve with Japanese dressing on the side for a colourful summer lunch.