Chicken and rice
8 Chicken thighs, diced (2 per portion)
120g Toasted peanuts
4 Spring onions
40g Fresh coriander
12 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
16 tbsp Soy sauce
80g Chicken stock
300g Jasmine Rice
24 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
24 tbsp Soy sauce
8 tbsp Corn flour
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar and corn flour together, add the diced chicken and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place the jasmine rice in a pan with water and cook according to packet instructions. When cooked keep covered to keep warm.
- Finely dice the ginger, slice the spring onions and chop the coriander including the stalks. (Reserve a small amount of coriander, spring onions and toasted peanuts to serve on top of the rice.)
- Toast the peanuts in the oven.
- Cut the chillies in half lengthwise and add them to a heated pan with oil. Cook until chilies start to blacken, then remove from the oil and set aside. reserve to put on top of the chicken.
- Drain and put the chicken into the hot oil and fry until golden. Add the ginger, cook for a couple of minutes before adding the chicken stock, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Bring to the boil and cook out for a further couple of minutes.
- Then top with the remaining spring onions, coriander and chopped nuts.
Do all your prep before you start to cook. Get everything chopped and organised before starting to cook and pay attention, making sure that everything is nicely chopped and cut to the right size as it makes a big difference to any dish that you cook.